Thursday, August 14, 2008

A feast with Grandpa!!


Ashton called me at work today to inform me she didn't have band this afternoon, and that she was staying at Grandma and Grandpa's all afternoon because Grandpa was making steak for her and John for supper. Excuse me? Grandma is on her mini vacation with Aunt Judy, so it shocked me that Grandpa wanted to take on that all by himself.

When they got home, the first thing I noticed was spots all over John's shirt. (Don't worry, Mindy, I'm SURE I can get it out!) ;) He said he had a huge steak and it splattered. Okay. So, my next question was what they had besides steak. They had: mushrooms for on top of the steak, potatoes, AND sweet corn. And the steak--7 steaks for the 3 of them, and only 1 left over! Ashton said, "Grandpa was sooo proud of me!" Until she weighs 200 pounds soon. I asked her if she thought she was Michael Phelps and needed 12,000 calories a day.

They both told me three times now that Grandpa is an EXCELLENT cook!

Watch out Grandpa, you may have started something.....!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Uh oh, he's in trouble when mom reads this! He'll be assigned a regular cooking day!