Sunday, August 17, 2008

Busy, but relaxing weekend....

We had such a great weekend!

Friday night, we had our neighbor friends over for a cookout. We ate hamburgers, drank margaritas, and watched Michael Phelps. It was FUN!!

Saturday, I had an exciting trip to the vet with Tate. He has been digging in his ear, and it was starting to smell, so I took him in. Sure enough-he is growing yeast down in there. Yuck! We got some ear drops to put in for a week and we were off. As we were walking down the steps, I felt something on my side. Tate had PEED on me! Gross! I had forgotten the leash, so instead of going back home, I just decided it would be fine to just carry him. Next time, I go home for the leash! So, I went home to change, then finished my errands. My afternoon was spent this way:



I finally got our entryway painted, and I LOVE it! The color is greenfield pumpkin, and it is an orangey-brown. Very cool!

I finished that up just in time to go out for supper with Tom's mom and aunt Mary Lou, who was in town for the weekend. After that, more Olympics! And, I started a book after they left.

Sunday--Tom and I finished up the bank, I washed the Tblazer, Tom and Ashton cleaned the garage while I sat out in the sun and FINISHED my book (oh, it was good!),John went golfing, then my mom and dad came over to check out the new paint! Norma called and had some chicken left over from the reunion, so I didn't have to cook supper tonight either! Score!

Too bad it is off to work tomorrow...

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Even though your greenfield pumpkin paint IS very cool it's a very warm look. I like it!
When someone raves about a book I'm always curious what it was.

Mindy said...

I like the paint color, too!
Ugh, another "exciting" trip to the vet... I can relate to those.