Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A productive weekend...

On Saturday, Don, Deb (our friends) and Tom and I moved 6 pickup loads full of mulch onto our landscaping. We just wanted to freshen ours up, and Seylars had just done their landscaping, so it really finished theirs off. It took us about 4 1/2 hours by the time we wheelbarrowed it and smoothed it all out with the rake. Take a look at the before and afters--huge difference!! We decided this will be a yearly project-that way it won't take as much mulch or as long! Then, after lunch we got all of our big rocks that were dug up put into our landscape. We have only been waiting 5 years since we moved here to do that! :) It looks SO much nicer!
BEFORE--



AFTER--




On Sunday,Tom and John had baseball practice for most of the afternoon, and then we just chilled.....we were tired after all of that hard work on Saturday!

Monday, Tom had to work (love the grocery store business-only closed on Christmas!) and the kids and I just bummed. Ashton had 6:30am softball practice, so I was up early! Later, I sat outside and finished my book (Flirting with Forty) and soaked up some sun. I have sunburned arms to show for it! Mom stopped up, and we just enjoyed the afternoon!

Ashton has her first freshman softball game today, so I'll be sure to take pics and post later on that. She was pumped as she got her cherished number 8 uniform!

4 comments:

LIFE IS STUGGLE! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mindy said...

Looks like you got a great new blog reader on "TALES FAMILY" hehe :)

Laurie said...

Very nice landscaping! Makes all that hard work worth it.

me said...

Much better, good work! Sounds like a really good weekend to me. :)