Friday, May 23, 2008

The end of the school year!!!





Here are some photos from Ashton's Awards Day today at school. She got awards for A Honor Roll, Student Council, Athletics, History, Science, Band, Reading, and an 8th grade recognition award. At the end of the presentation, they announce the Citizen of the Year for each homeroom. Ashton won last year in 7th grade and she won this year too! Yeah, Ash!! :) One photo is all of the homeroom citizen award winners, and the other photo is Ashton with Ms. Jensen, her homeroom teacher that wanted to adopt her! :) (Some days, I might let her!)

John also had his awards day this week, on Thursday. He got awards for Mathematics, A Honor Roll, Band, Jazz Band, News Bowl,Accelerated Reading, and Good Conduct. Of course the picture that I took of him getting his award was blurry because he didn't stand still long enough!

As Tom and I sat watching Ashton's class, we couldn't believe how many kids just got the basic 8th grade recognition award. It was truly staggering. If I was a parent, I would be so embarrassed. But, I think that is part of the problem-the parents really don't care and don't push their child like they should.

Now comes the task of keeping the kids bored and away from the TV for the summer!! Chore charts here we come! :)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

All those awards and accomplishments...maybe she just plain, old doesn't have time to keep her room clean! :)