okay, here are a couple examples of the math questions that will be on my cert test. As I discussed before, I think it is only fair that my dad and Jill's answers can't count. After all, they are pros at this, right?!
1. How much diluent should be added to a 5 gm vial to get a concentration of 250mg/5ml?
a. 2ml
b. 10ml
c. 100ml
d. 200ml
2. You have a 1000ml bag of IV solution that needs to be infused over 8 hours. What is the infusion rate in mls per minute?
a. 2.08ml/min
b. 5.6ml/min
c. 125ml/min
d. 12.5ml/min
These are the questions I hate. Only because I don't deal with these things on a regular basis. Plus, lets face it, I sucked at math!!!
Okay, blog readers, give me your answers and tell me how you got it!! :) GO!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago
2 comments:
We're going to pass on that first one but on the second we came up with 2.08 ml/min by multiplying 8 hours X 60 minutes and dividing 1000 ml. by those 480 minutes. Did we pass? Laur and Jill
1. 250mg/5ml = 50mg/1ml
5g/100ml = 0,05g/ml =50mg/ml
2. see above. :-)
Lena
Post a Comment