Friday, March 6, 2009

finally!!!

Wow! It sure is just easier to update my status on FB and catch up with everyone there!

I'll try to get you all updated on our happenings.

It was my birthday on February 21st! I am now officially 39 and holding.....This is where I spent my birthday and the next Saturday...at John's basketball tourneys. They were both here in Estherville, so we were home by noon both days, that was nice! The night of my birthday, we-Mom,Dad,Norma,Tom,John,me (Ashton was babysitting) went out for supper at Mother Nature's-fun and yummy! We came back to our house and had flamingo cake. I didn't get a picture, but trust me that it was yummy! Speaking of pictures, I broke my camera on my birthday at John's game. I had it in my bag, and I am not quite sure what happened, but I can no longer use the really nice big viewer on the back of the camera. I have to look thru the small lens like old time! It sucks. And, that is why my photos are blurry-it is hard to look thru that small thing! I am going to see what the cost of repair is. I may get it fixed, or I may just get a new one.








John was excited that KG even stayed for one of his games (after he was done doing the score table). So, I had to get a pic of that!



I have really been selling alot of jewelry-both on ebay and etsy! Yeah! I would say I am averaging about 4-5 pieces a week, which I am thrilled about! Here are a couple of my latest pieces:




I really like the mix of metals on these two! What do you think?


Oh, and here is the article about my jewelry that was in CityDog! :) Click on it to enlarge!



After I received the magazine in the mail, I browsed my etsy site and realized I didn't have any listed on there. So, I listed one and it sold in 5 minutes! The buyer said that she was looking thru the magazine at the book store and bought it just so she would remember my etsy store address. Cool!

The kids and I are all trying to recover from sinus/chest sickness that we have been battling. John is still on meds, I am done, and Ashton probably should be on some! We go to see Dr. Wil next Tuesday (weather permitting-I am so tired of snow!), so it would be a good time to get sick if she was going to! I was not happy about Dr. A. putting me on antibiotics, because I knew it would just make the fungus grow like crazy. And, I was right. In the few days that I have been off of them, I can tell a huge difference in my right maxillary sinus-it is sooo painful.

Ashton is back to pitching after her tendonitis bout! And, she is sooo happy about it! She came home from school Thursday (after pitching at 6:45am) and said, "It felt so good to be back out there throwing that ball!" I am sure! Dr. H. informed her that her hand would hurt, but it should be an ache, not painful like before, and she said that is exactly what happened. I know Tom had a sore hand from catching for her! He told me he couldn't believe how hard she was throwing on Thursday, considering she hadn't thrown for almost 2 months. She still has to wear the brace and take her meds for 2 weeks, and if she has no pain she can stop both. If she has pain, she can keep throwing, but stay with the other 2 and then we go back in 4 weeks for an MRI. Hopefully she will be 100% in 2 weeks-she said she is 50% now.

Well, hopefully I haven't lost anyone in this long post! It is time to go get John from school. Ashton is at a band clinic in Mason City all day and will be back around 6. I am headed to work for the weekend!

3 comments:

Mandy Hunecke said...

Congrats on the jewelry bizz.. I love your pieces, especially the "dog" one... I let my dog kiss me too! :)

Mindy said...

you sold one in 5 minutes? holy cow!

me said...

Whew! I know a celebrity! GO YOU! Congrats on the great sales and on having a great birthday! How is FB for bday love? Awesome isn't it? LOL Thanx for the update, I hope you are all feeling tip top soon!