Tom and I have been encouraging Ashton to add a little more exercise in her daily routine instead of so much laptop time. She did put on a few extra pounds this winter with her illnesses, and right now, she is not in any sport or PE at school.
So, the other night I come home from the bank, and John informs me that he and Chris (John's friend/neighbor boy) are Ashton's personal trainers. He said they rode their bikes while she ran and yelled at her to keep going. Yeah, I'm sure she LOVED that! She loves taking orders from her brother!
Well, last night, they all went out for a run. They didn't all come back running, however! Ash started out running, but ended walking. Fine by me, at least she is moving! John loves to run, and has even talked about going out for cross country next year.
I just wonder if the Iowa air was a bit nippy for them though. John barked all night and some this morning, but Ash seemed alright.
Tonight, Ashton and I are off to the Wellness Center for some treadmill, elliptical, and weight training. Should be fun!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago
2 comments:
Yeah, keep moving!! After 53+ years I find myself on a regular exercise schedule for the first time, I think. I'm in the 6th week of an online Mayo Clinic program and it feels pretty good. I just hope I can keep motivated. Mindy reminded me it takes only 20 days to make a new habit so maybe exercise has become one? Hang in there you two!!
GO ASH! I too need to start a dedicated routine tho that is easier said than done when yer thyroid is broken and you live in podunk. Ho Hum, no excuses! Keep up that good work and I hope you girls enjoyed your time together. :)
Post a Comment