Friday, April 4, 2008

Feeling like spring, productive day off, great card hand!

Today, the temps and sunshine feel like spring may be right around the corner! Finally! The sun is shining and it is supposed to be about 60 here today in Iowa!

I have had a very productive morning off. I scrubbed our master bathroom from head to toe; scrubbed John's bathroom from head to toe (normally he does this, but not as thorough as I would like); dusted everything in the house; shook all the rugs; and swept all the floors. Whew! I'm exhausted! :) My bathroom jobs seemed much easier with the new Scrubbing Bubbles cleaning pads. Have any of you tried them? I wish they stuck to the cleaning sponge a little better, but they work awesome! I see they also make them for cleaning flat top stoves, so I need to try those next!

Last night, we had our last 500 card game before our summer break. It was so much fun, and Beth served awesome food! :) (Now I sound like Ashton!) I am a super cautious 500 player, which drives Tom nuts! Oh, our card club is all women-no men allowed! :) But, when Tom hears us when it is at our house, he always makes fun of our indicating and low bidding. Well, last night, I had a hand that I will never again have, I am sure. I picked up my cards and it was all red! I had 2 hearts and the rest diamonds--including the joker, jack of diamonds, ace, queen, 10, then several small ones. So, like a true woman 500 player that I am--I bid 7 diamonds. I win the bid, and the middle was good too! I got the other jack, and one more diamond. So, after conferring with the other table, I decide to declare, knowing that I am only missing the king, but hoping that my partner would give me that card--and she does!! :) Yeah! 500 points! Like I said, I am sure that will never happen again, but it was fun while it lasted!

I am off to have some strawberries for lunch, and then to pick up Ashton to go to the orthodontist. She is anxious to hear when they will be coming off!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Jill likes 500, too, but I avoid it like the plague. I'll be sure to tell her to read your post so somebody up here can truly appreciate your hand. (Bowers are good, right?!)