Sunday, March 30, 2008

A 'renewed interest'....



As many of you know, I make bracelets as a hobby. I sell them at a local clothing store, as well as special orders. This winter, I was in a slump. I didn't really have any creativity, and was just plain bored with it.

Then, my mom and I went to the craft show in Spencer, and there were several booths selling jewelry. And, I have to admit, it has sparked for me again. There was one lady from Tampa Bay, FL. Wow! Can you imagine going all over the country to sell bracelets? How does she even hear about shows in Iowa? Not to brag, but the bracelets I make were much nicer than some at the craft show. My only problem is that in this small town, it is hard to make a huge profit on something-you have to settle for a smaller amount, which is depressing after seeing how much some people have their stuff marked up.

On a side note, you'll have to click on the link to Heather's blog below. She makes AWESOME! soldered pendants and just got chosen to have her jewelry sold in a very nice salon and spa in Ashton's favorite state! They are very cool-I am jealous of that talent!

1 comment:

me said...

Have you considered an etsy shop or ebay sales? Your bracelets are REALLY cute!