
On Tuesday morning, John woke up and said his lungs hurt really bad and he had a really bad headache. Influenza A and B are still going around here horribly! He didn't have a fever, but I knew there wasn't something quite right, so we went to see Dr. A.
The first thing he noticed was how much taller John had gotten since we were there in November to see him last. He asked how tall he was, but I hadn't measured him lately, so I had no idea. He thought John just had something viral, but his lungs were rattly, so he gave him an inhaler to use to help that. Then, he went back to his weight. The last time John was sick was December, and he weighed 94 pounds then. Tuesday, he was down to 91 pounds. John has always been somewhat of a fussy eater, but if it is something he likes, he eats alot. He loves healthy foods, and would choose fruit or veggies over candy. (Totally unlike Ashton!) So now, Dr. A. wants me to weigh him weekly. He also wants John to start eating protein bars as a snack and with his school lunch, since usually he doesn't like/eat much of it. He is also to drink instant breakfast drink throughout the day. We tried the protein bars and drink last night. The first protein bar he HATED! But, luckily, he loved the drink, so he can continue on with that.
As we were leaving, I said to Dr. A., "You know, I am pretty sure you haven't EVER told me to gain weight when I was here!" He just smiled.....
This is one of my most favorite pictures of Johnny boy.
2 comments:
5'3"? Uh oh, you are catching up to me, too! Sadly, not in weight, though :)
What a cutie! Oh to have a problem with GAINING weight....lol :) Good luck with the shakes, John and I hope you're feeling better soon! :)
Post a Comment