I love it when Ashton takes over my blog! Then, I don't have to listen to her complain about what I write!
I'm not sure Tate enjoys the snow days as much as the kids! :) But, he got lucky and they had school today. Ash was happy about that considering her game yesterday was cancelled due to no school, but she has one today here after school. She is even wearing her 'lucky pants'! She says when she wears the gray ones she scores more points than when she wears her black ones! Whatever.....
After listening to Ashton cough ALL DAY on Saturday and Sunday morning, I did decide to take her to the walk-in clinic at our hospital on Sunday afternoon. Our doctor was on call (I knew this ahead of time), and I really wanted to know what was up with the CONSTANT! coughing. Well, he thinks it was a post nasal drip type of cough, or that maybe she has some acid reflux going on as that would also cause a cough. Her lungs were clear(Thank you God!), so he thinks it is just all coming from her throat. So, this is her new, revised list of meds: Zyrtec-at bedtime; Advair-morning and night; Flovent-morning and night; Nasascort AQ-at bedtime; Mucinex-morning and night; Singulair-at night; and Promethazine with codeine as needed for the cough. So far adding the Zyrtec and the Mucinex hasn't seemed to help at all. I may add some Prilosec myself to see if that helps. He would really like to have us go back to our ENT to have her scoped to see about the reflux, but I think I'll try the Prilosec first on my own.
John's team had a great tournament on Saturday! They lost the first game 31-6 and then won the next 2 games by about 10 points each. So, they ended up 5th out of 8 teams. The team that beat us was in the championship when we left, so we felt good about that!
Well, after re-reading this, I better go get Ash some throat lozenges and drop them off at school. I was supposed to do this yesterday, but forgot with the no school. I don't want her teachers to have to listen to the hack all day too!
Standing as A Witness
7 years ago
1 comment:
Holy cow!! You need a chart for all those meds!
Post a Comment