Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Random thoughts...

It seems like I have not posted forever, when actually it was just last Friday!!


First of all, Ashton is doing much better. She has actually gone to school all day every day so far this week. She sees our doctor tomorrow for a re-check. She really hopes he gives her the ok to play basketball-what priorities for a teenager! She saw her pulmonologist on Friday for just a regular checkup. He couldn't believe all of that had happened to her-in just one month. He thought she was still very stuffed up and gave her an antibiotic. I am not sure if it is working or not, as she is still stuffy. He thought her lungs sounded good, but so did Dr. A. before he took the x-ray that showed differently! We'll find out tomorrow!


Our Christmas party was good! We ended up getting about 3 inches of snow and then some very light ice accumulations. There weren't as many people there as usual, but that was to be expected with the weather. They always take pictures of you as you enter, so I will post that when I get it so you can see how gorgeous Tom and I looked! :)


I still don't have tree pics the right way, I'm sorry to say! But, I am going to post the picture of our tree last year. Heather was talking about how you can never have too many ornaments on a tree. Well, I thought that until last year. We had a TON of ornaments on our tree and about 900 lights. (A real tree). We had finished decorating, and sat down to watch Desperate Housewives. All of a sudden-TIMBER-the tree came crashing to the ground. John was screaming and crying, and the rest of us were laughing. We were lucky and only lost a couple of ornaments. Unfortunately, one of them was a porcelain Barbie ornament that was Ash's favorite. Luckily, the porcelain is underneath a dress, so you really can't tell until you get close. But, she is ticked, because SHE knows it happened.


Lastly, my sweet little niece, Natalie, turned 6 months old yesterday. I can't wait to see her at Christmastime, since I haven't seen her for a couple of months now! Happy half birthday, Natalie!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Natalie is excited to see you guys, too!!

me said...

She is precious! Thanx for the update, I can't wait to see the pic of you and Tom! I'm glad to read that Ashton is feeling better and hope that she gets the go ahead to do b-ball so she can feel normal again. That's the worst, missing so much when you're sick! I hope this is it for her this year and she just got it all out of the way at once! :) :)